Sunday, July 22, 2007

Mary Mary by James Patterson


My Rating: 5/10

Another run-of-the-mill mystery novel I read. Why am I obsessed with Mystery books? May be because of my love for adventure, I don’t know. Anyway, here’s what it is about:

Somebody is murdering Hollywood’s A-list. Her calling card: “you have got mail”. On a family vacation, FBI agent Alex Cross is asked to investigate the shooting of a top actress…and an email sent to Los Angeles Times with Shocking details about the murder, signed Mary Smith. To hunt this murderess, Cross must navigate a world where the stars sip San Pellegrino at the ivy as hopefuls hover around Studio gates with 8X10 glossies. And when the case catapults into block-buster proportions, Cross and the LAPD scramble to find a pattern-before Mary sends one more chilling update.

I liked it just because its mystery, other than that, there is not much new about it. It’s a typical psycho-killer story. Another reason I read it because James Patterson is a one of the world’s most popular authors. And he really knows how to grab your interest- I read it in one-go. Also, I have read other books where the protagonist is the same Alex Cross and I like his portrait by the author.

In a nutshell, an ok type novel…
To buy the book, click here

No comments: